We know that WordPress security is way beyond security plugins, but they are still a critical tool to lock up your site tightly. Selecting the best WordPress security plugins is not an easy task, certainly because there is a wide variety to choose from. At the same time, one cannot disagree with the underlying truth that all these available options make it easy for you to customize security features on your site based on your specific requirements.
Looking for the most effective and famous security plugins for your WordPress website? Don’t worry, we have got your covered! To help you make an informed decision, here are the top 3 security plugins that you need to consider.
So, let’s dig in!
You can get the Sucuri Security plugin in both paid and free versions. If you are low on budget, you can opt for a free plugin as most websites work fine with it. For example, the website firewall needs you to subscribe to a paid Sucuri plan, but it is not necessary that every webmaster wants to avail this level of security.
Let’s now talk about the free features, the plugin includes a security activity auditing to monitor how perfectly the plugin safeguards your website. It offers security hardening, file integrity monitoring, security notifications, and blacklist monitoring.
On the other hand, the premium plugin offers you regular scans and customer service channels. For instance, if you want to run a scan after every 12 hours, you would have to pay around $17 monthly charges to avail of this feature.
- It provides several forms of SSL certificates. Though you need to pay for them, they are included in the packages.
- You can get its customer service in the form of both email validation services and instant chat.
- Every time something goes wrong with your website, you will receive instant notifications.
- Some of its plans also offer Advanced Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) protection.
- For people who do not want to spend a lot of money, you can still get the basic tools for security hardening, blacklist monitoring, file integrity monitoring, and malware scanning.
One of the most impressive methods to secure your website is the iThemes Security plugin. It offers more than 30 different tools to protect your site from hackers and data thieves. It is more focused on weak passwords, obsolete software, and identifying plugin vulnerabilities.
- It includes a file change detection feature
- It deploys Google reCAPTCHA integration to provide an additional security layer to your login
- Provides a comparison between WordPress current versions and core files, keeping you informed when something malicious pops up in those files.
- Keeps your WordPress salt keys updated to add an additional layer of difficulty to your authentication keys.
- It offers an Away Mode function when you are not constantly updating your sites and want to lock your dashboard completely from all visitors.
- Other features include brute force protection, strong password enforcement, and 404 detections.
This is a perfect combination of powerful and simple security tools. It provides you a detailed insight into hacking attempts and traffic trends of your website.
- The free version is robust enough for small sites
- If you are a developer, register for multiple site keys and pare down additional costs.
- Brilliant manual blocking, country blocking, brute force protection, web application firewall, and real-time threat defense.
- It scans and fights off real-time threats, spam, and malware for all your files. (Not restricted to only WordPress files).
- It keeps a track of live traffic by monitoring things like logins, logouts, bots, human visitors, and Google crawl activity.
- Provides you access to some distinctive tools like password auditing and signing in using your cell phone.
- Its comment spam filter saves users from investing in a separate plugin for this purpose.
- It informs you if your plugins have been removed and abandoned from the WordPress plugin repository.
Just remember that having a secure internet service provider is equally important. For example, Mediacom internet offers the Total Defense™ internet security suite with all its high-speed internet plans, which reduces the risk of users being exposed to hackers, malware, and viruses.
We can simply not turn our eyes away from the wide variety of security plugins available for WordPress. With a great variety of features and options offered in each one, choosing the ideal tool for your site may feel a bit confusing. Whether you make up your mind to settle with one plugin that has it all – like Sucuri Security – or mix and match with both free and paid version tools, it is not difficult to discover the features you require. Take your time and make a wise decision. Good luck!